Saturday 8 February 2014

My Eyebrows...








Up until late 2009 I never actually use to fill in my brows. Looking back, I can not think why on earth I didn’t  jump on that bandwagon sooner. Filling in the brows can change and bring together a look, accentuating features without being too in your face. My brows are dark brown in colour and fairly sparse. Therefore filling them in made the most amount of difference.

I first used the Estee Lauder automatic brow duo. The lady at the counter suggested I use soft black. I soon realised that using black can look a little harsh making my brows look overdone and dark, verging on scouse brow territory.
I began to use eyeshadow and found that the best colour match is from the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette which is £20.00. The colour I favoured and turned to the most is Faint. This is a taupe type colour with a grey undertone. I didn’t think this would work, but out of all the brow products I’ve used this is probably my favourite. I also recently read Laura’s Blog from buynowbloglater who stated that she read, using a grey eyeshadow is what you need to get good brows. Even though Faint is not completely grey I feel that it definitely does the job if you have dark hair.

Two other firm favourites are Hourglass Brow Sculpting Pencil in Soft Brunette (£26.00) and Tom Ford Brow Sculptor in 03 Chestnut (£34.00). Both pencils are very similar in texture having a waxy yet powdery feel. Both pencils need to be twisted when opened and come out at a slight angle which works well when applying to the brows. Both products also have a spoolie on the other end which is always handy when you need to brush through your brows. However packaging wise I feel that Hourglass is much more luxe.

I always have to set my brows with some sort of brow gel to tame some of those unruly strands that seem to have a mind of their own. My favourite brow gel has to be the Eyeko Brow Gel (£18.00) which is a tinted gel that only comes in one colour. What i love about this brow gel is that the nano brush is so easy to use. Also the formula has conditioning properties promoting a healthy brow.

I have finally reached a stage where I am happy with my brows. Gone are the days where you have either over plucked or threaded to have stick thin brows. I feel the bigger the brow the better it looks, within reason of course.

I’m quite keen to try the Anastasia dipbrow pomade, if anyone has tried this I would love to know your thoughts...



2 comments:

  1. I need to try the brow gel!, great post :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. It's a great brow gel, definitely my favourite.

    ReplyDelete