Thursday 20 February 2014

NARSissist Eyeshadow Palette








When I realised that Nars were releasing a 15 pan eyeshadow palette, I could not contain my excitement. I already own, And God Created The Woman and Ride Up To The Moon palettes, and I love them both.
I did my research and and found the release date. However, I was a little late, everywhere was sold out! Fret not, I happened to be browsing Selfridges one extremely late night and found they had some in stock. I ordered it immediately and not taking any chances I opted for the Click & Collect service, which I must say I’m extremely impressed with.
Once my order was ready for collection, Selfridges sent me an email. Gleefully I collected my order.

Each eyeshadow consists of 1g compared to the 2.2g you would get in a single eyeshadow from Nars. A Single eyeshadow can cost £18.00 however, the palette came in at a whopping £55.00.

The shades are all available to buy from the permanent line apart from one, Bad Behaviour, which I believe was limited edition. All of which are housed in the typical Nars rubbery packaging, I love it, however, some do not as it’s prone to getting dirty. The palette does contain a large mirror which is a bonus. The colours are a mix of warm, cool, mattes and shimmer.

The shades are as follows;

All About Eve
Ashes to Ashe
Fez
Bad Behaviour
Bali
Brousse II
Coconut Grove
Dogon II
Madrague I
Madrague II
Bellissima I
Mekong
Lhasa
Pandora II
Nepal

Apart from already owning Fez, Coconut Grove and Mekong I don’t actually know which names belong to which shades. I don’t know about anyone else, but I would like to know which shades are which. Also once you have thrown the box the palette comes in away, you can’t remember what the shades are.

Overall, I know this palette has had mixed reviews however, I really like it. I find that as I’m getting older I am steering towards the more natural non bright eyeshadows. From swatching the shadows they are extremely pigmented and buttery, which will make them easy to blend. I know currently the palette is out of stock everywhere but most sites do give you the option of having an email sent to you once it is back in stock again.

I was a lucky girl when I picked this palette up, as I was also given the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette as a gift. Review coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment